In order to support self-learning of the SeMFIS functionalities and tools we provide some video tutorials here.
Tutorials for Users of the SeMFIS Windows Installation Package:
- SeMFIS User-Tutorial 1: Explicating semantic information with term models (Flash-Video swf)
- SeMFIS User-Tutorial 2: Using AQL query semantic annotations in SeMFIS (swf, youtube)
Tutorials for Developers of Applications Using SeMFIS:
- SeMFIS Developer-Tutorial 1: Creating a simple semantic annotation (swf, youtube)
- SeMFIS Developer-Tutorial 2: Accessing SeMFIS using the web service interface (swf, youtube) - for further details please see below
- SeMFIS Developer-Tutorial 3: Extending SeMFIS with classes, relationclasses, and model types (swf, youtube) - resulting ABL file incl. the mindmap model type (abl)
- SeMFIS Developer-Tutorial 4: Adding classes of new model types to the model reference class in the semantic annotation model type (swf, youtube) - resulting ABL file incl. the mindmap model type and the extended model reference class (abl)
SeMFIS Tutorial: Web Service Interface via SOAP
As ADOxx provides a great infrastructure for accessing it over the web, these functionalities have been made available also in the SeMFIS toolkit that is based on ADOxx 1.5. I have prepared a short tutorial that illustrates how SOAP calls can be made to SeMFIS.
Note: This tutorial is to demonstrate the web service access using SOAP in an easy manner and without requiring further APIs. For Java applications accessing the web service interface, it is recommended to use the Axis stubs as provided on the ADOxx.org website.
I used the following applications:
- SeMFIS 0.3 based on ADOxx 1.5
- Notepad++ with the ADOscript extensions (that can be found here)
- the SOA client add-on for Firefox (website)
- the free HTML encoder web service (website)
In addition the following SOAP stub is used:
And the following ADOscript: